Release of the meeting of the Payment Systems Council held on 27 March 2003
On 27 March 2003, the meeting of the Payment Systems Council, a consultative body to the Management Board of the National Bank of Poland, was held.
The Council's meeting was presided by Andrzej Topiński, Deputy Chairman of the Council, President of the Management Board of the Association of Polish Banks.
The Payment Systems Council:
- Was presented with results of the evaluation of the infrastructure of the Polish payment system and securities clearing systems conducted by the European Central Bank in 2002, together with the related conclusions for the NBP and other entities,
- Discussed the proposed position of the Polish banking sector on SEPA (Single European Payments Area) project and preferred directions of developing the concept of arranging retail settlements in the euro zone,
- Was presented with a plan for implementing the NBP recommendation on clearing guarantees in the ELIXIR system, prepared by the National Clearing House SA (Krajowa Izba Rozliczeniowa SA), and expressed its positive opinion on the matter,
- Discussed the proposal of the Association of Polish Banks on the mode of inter-bank settlements on the last day of 2003,
- Accepted the evaluation of the operation of the Polish payment system in the second half of 2002 prepared by the NBP's Payment Systems Department.
Additionally, the Council adopted two documents: 2002 Operations Report of the Payment Systems Council and 2003 Annual work plan of the Payment Systems Council.
The Council resolved that its next meeting will be held in June 2003.