About the NBP: Structure
Accounting and Finance Department
Director: Krzysztof Kruszewski
The Accounting and Finance Department is responsible for performing tasks related to NBP financial management, specifically the planning, performance and coordination of tasks regarding accounting and financial reporting.
Other tasks of the Accounting and Finance Department include:
- coordination at NBP of matters relating to public levies and international tax law, and representing NBP vis-a-vis competent authorities, excluding matters within the competences of the Personnel Department,
- drawing up the annual financial statements of NBP and cooperating with the chartered auditor auditing the financial statements of NBP,
- drawing up and monitoring the implementation of NBP’s financial plan and NBP’s investment and leasing plan,
- cooperation with the Ministry of Finance in drafting legal acts on the implementation of the State budget,
- developing the principles of opening and operating bank accounts by NBP, especially for the State budget,
- developing the principles of settling monetary transactions, also in foreign currencies.