Balance of payments data for MIP
Data from the balance of payments and international investment position are used to calculate three headline and three auxiliary indicators within the Macroeconomic Imbalances Procedure (MIP):
- current account balance (% of GDP, 3-year average),
- net international investment position (% of GDP),
- export market share - % of world exports (5-year % change),
- net external debt (% of GDP),
- foreign direct investments in Poland, stocks (% of GDP),
- foreign direct investments in Poland, flows (% of GDP).
The MIP legal framework is stipulated in Regulation (EU) No 1176/2011 on the prevention and correction of macroeconomic imbalances.
More information on the MIP is available on the Eurostat website:
The national self-assessment report on the quality of balance of payments and international investment position statistics is available on the Committee on Monetary, Financial and Balance of Payments Statistics (CMFB) website: